While the trial itself will have many variables that patients need to consider, the treatment being given is arguably the most important.
It is crucial that patients ask the right questions about an experimental therapy to determine how well-suited it is to the patient’s health needs.
Here are some questions relating to the treatment itself:
- What is the treatment?
- Why does the team believe that this treatment will work?
- What might be the long-term benefits of this treatment?
- How do you believe this treatment might compare to currently available treatments?
- Have there been other clinical trials of this treatment or other types of studies?
- What were the results of other studies of this treatment?
Lymphoma News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.