3. Physical Effects of Chemotherapy and Other Drug Therapies
This varies depending on your type of treatment, its length, and your own risk factors, but if you have chemotherapies or other drug therapy, it is possible to experience:
- Thyroid complications
- Heart damage/conditions (heart muscle injury, chronic heart failure)
- Lung damage (inflammation, scarring, acute respiratory distress syndrome, lung failure)
- Osteoporosis (low bone density)
- Infertility, including premature menopause or premature ovarian failure in women, and low sperm count and testosterone levels in men
- Loss of hearing
- Secondary cancers, such as acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
- Impaired immune system function
- Peripheral neuropathy
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?