There are several key questions that a participant will want answered before enrolling in a clinical trial. Patients should feel free to ask study coordinators any additional questions they may have so their concerns are well addressed before the trial starts. It is important for a study participant to learn as much as possible prior to entering a trial, and to thoroughly discuss the study with a doctor and with the study team.
- How long will the trial last?
- What are the advantages of participating in this trial?
- What are the possible disadvantages of participation in this clinical trial?
- When do I need to decide whether I want to participate in the trial?
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- If I am not eligible, can you recommend other options?