Appirio, a global services company recently announced it will support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to implement the Salesforce NGO Connect and Salesforce Sales Cloud, substituting an out-of-date and expensive domestic technology with one integrated cloud solution. The aim of the collaboration is to improve the organization’s Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) competencies and advance its patient and fundraising services skills.
Designed for nonprofit organizations and built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Salesforce Sales Cloud and NGO Connect offer the instruments LLS requires to advance in a variety of fields, from volunteer marketing and management to donor management.
With the help from Appirio, LLS will reassess its existing operational procedures, assess areas for enhancement and create a novel method to assist the company run more efficiently.
“We are very excited Appirio and Salesforce are helping us better connect with the LLS community,” said in a recent press release Claude Edkins, senior vice president and chief information officer at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. “This CRM update is a key element of transformation on so many fronts that will help us improve our overall efficiency and business processes. But most importantly, it allows us to remain laser focused on our mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life for patients and their families.”
In the US, every three minutes someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer. In 2014 alone approximately 156,420 people were estimated to receive a diagnosis of myeloma leukemia or lymphoma. With this novel platform, LLS will improve its skills and provide more resources to achieve its ambition of finding cures for blood cancers, while ensuring patients have access to lifesaving cures.
This technological transition to the Salesforce Customer Success Platform will enable the organization to implement changes such as:
- Better competences to capture collaborations including calls to the Information Resource Center, donations, and patient interactions.
- The capacity to unite donors and volunteers to LLS’s mission by providing current information about their relationship to the organization.
- Real-time visibility into internal operations through analytic competences and high-end results.
- Access to platforms for partners, researchers, social communities, and other pivotal constituents to communicate about different initiatives.
- Administration of social media monitoring and engagement tools to enhance the digital media presence of LLS.
“The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is dedicated to investing in research to advance lifesaving treatments and cures,” added co-founder and senior vice president of Appirio, Mike O’Brien. “In addition to rallying our associates to support LLS, we are honored to be able to offer our skills and expertise so that the organization can focus on its work, using the most advanced technology to support its relationships with donors, patients, partners and researchers.”